This award will be presented to an individual (or couple) whose volunteerism, outstanding service and dedication have made a significant contribution to the community. The person(s) chosen will be recognized at our 35th Children’s Benefit Gala on February 20, 2021 at the Brandon Civic Center.
A successful nominee(s) for Citizen of the Year will have:
- Committed a significant amount of time to a broad-ranging variety of volunteer service within the Rankin County community.
- Made a positive impact in the lives of fellow citizens. He or she has shown a willingness to work with other Rankin County residents and is enthusiastic about the community, and continually works towards the betterment of their area.
- Shown dedication and provided talents to the community and the citizens to make Rankin County a great place to live, work, play and learn. They may serve on school, church, or community committees with focus on family and youth.
- Qualities of honesty and integrity.
In choosing the recipient, you may want to consider the nominee’s past achievements and ongoing contributions to the community. A nominee only needs to be nominated once to be considered. The number of nominations received per nominee will bear no weight in their selection.
Our top 5 nominees will be presented and voted on at the Junior Auxiliary of Rankin County’s Chapter Meeting in August. Please note nomination information may be used for publicity purposes.
HOW TO NOMINATE
- Please fill out the form DOWNLOAD above if you have a friend, neighbor or relative you feel has given unselfishly to help others, or who meets any of the above criteria.
- Applications for nomination may be picked up at Chancery clerk office, Rankin County News, Willow Blu (Richland), Cobo’s, Rankin County Chamber of Commerce or Hometown Magazine.
Completed nomination forms shall be returned or postmarked no later than Friday, July 10, 2020
HOW TO SUBMIT
Mail: Junior Auxiliary of Rankin County, P.O. Box 1484, Brandon, MS 39043
If you have any questions, please contact Denise Evans, Finance Chair at email@example.com.